31.1.11

Black White Grey

IMG_0361

So it's the last day of January (*sigh* already??) and S and I are fresh into our second week of uni.  Why a month early you ask?  Well the faculty figures that it'd look better if we weren't totally clueless when they let us loose in the hospitals in a couple of weeks.  Wish us luck as we both get thrown into the deep end next month!

However, the last week has been pretty cruisy anyway since there's no rigorous studying involved, so we've both had plenty of time to lounge around, have fun on Australia Day (stay tuned for a post featuring S's other-half's fantastic photos), and skulk around some shops (I finally managed to check out some of the little boutiques I drive by every day along William St, and I also scouted out an op-shop on the weekend - so much fun when you don't have study to get back to!).

Anyway, here are some photos that I took yesterday of a B&W movie that was playing at midday.  It was a 1940 film called "Waterloo Bridge" that starred Vivien Leigh (of Gone With The Wind fame) - I was just enchanted by her lovely sheer dress that she was wearing!
I also went to an "Old Hollywood"-themed 21st on the weekend, with a giant projection of some Audrey Hepburn movies playing.  Needless to say, I am now hankering to get my hands on some old movies (Breakfast at Tiffany's to start me off I think!)

IMG_0359
IMG_0363
IMG_0362
IMG_0364

I won't ruin Waterloo Bridge for anyone by giving away the ending, but it really is a beautiful movie.

Happy end-of-January!
xx T
SHARE THIS POST

1 comment:

  1. Oh I adore Breakfast at Tiffany's! The movie has a much nicer ending than the book though.... it's one of those rare cases where I prefer the movie version

    ReplyDelete

We take time to read each and every comment - thanks for visiting Le.Fanciulle!

Le.Fanciulle. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.