This coming weekend, some of our friends are off to a The Great Gatsby-themed party. I absolutely loved studying this book in high school... if you haven't read it, it's a very good read!
(T hasn't read this book and now feels she has missed out on a significant part of life.)
Now, more importantly... what to wear?
The Great Gatsby is set in the roaring 20s, a time when "jazz music blossomed, the flapper redefined modern woman-hood & Art Deco peaked" (thanks wikipedia)
Some pictures from the film version of The Great Gatsby to get your mind in gear:
Film pictures from here
And a 20's-themed editorial featuring Kate Hudson
Now some more practical outfit ideas:
For the Girls
- Slinky knee-length sheath dresses or a simple shift
- Long dangly necklaces
- Hats of all kinds (especially the cloche style!) & curly hair
- T-bar heels (of which I have none)
- Drop-waist dresses
- Gloves, hats, headbands... i.e. as many accessories as possible!
pictures from here
For the boys
- Smart suits with bow ties
- Light coloured country-club type outfits
- Braces!! (of the pants-holding-up type of course)
The only problem is... All these ideas, but still nothing to wear!!