3.12.11

DIY Inspiration for December

So many hare-brained DIY plans cooking in my head, but not enough resources (well, cheap resources which would justify me making most of these.  Back to trawling on eBay...).  Anyway, here's a selection of potential pieces I would like to roll out sometime over the holidays and into next year!

BLUE BEAD NECKLACE


Picture from Asian Models Blog - one of my favourites!

Too easy - it's so similar to what I've made before.
Now to hunt down the appropriate beads!  Blue and gold (or anything and gold really...) is my favourite combination, so I'd do all the fixings in my favourite metal.

STATEMENT SHORTS


Asian Models Blog, Sass & Bide

Time to whip out the sewing machine.
Thank goodness mum already taught me how to make pants and shorts ages ago.  Now it's time to find a suitable printed material!

SOMETHING WITH TEXTURE


Sass & Bide

I've wanted to make something out of ostrich feathers for such a long time.  I think the way to approach this one will be to find (or make) a plain base item like a skirt or a slip dress in a non-stretch fabric, then hand-sew or glue each row of feathers down.  Perhaps I'll try the skirt first, just to gauge how much feather trim I need...


Let's hope these DIYs get off the ground this time!

xx T
SHARE THIS POST

2 comments:

  1. You're such a crafty little wizard!

    Good luck with all of them, I'm not sure I could do -any- of them but can't wait to see your results! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, reminds me of the Alexander McQueen RTW SS12 collection - similar 'under the sea' type vibes xxx

    www.southmoltonststyle.com

    ReplyDelete

We take time to read each and every comment - thanks for visiting Le.Fanciulle!

Le.Fanciulle. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.