20.11.11

BrusKetta

Making dinner chez moi is a task of epic proportions & not to be taken lightly.  Making bruschetta, in particular, involves cutting up a whole tomato-farm-worth of tomato.

By the way, did you know it is pronounced brusKetta (not brush-etta)?  Shall I use this fashion blog as my high horse to teach you all Italian?  What a rad idea ;)


Freshly baked sourdough - thanks Ma!

About 1/1000th of the tomato cuttings.
   
Herbs, garlic, salt & pepper, olive oil


The result was not too shabby, although by the time I had finished making it, I was too full to eat any!  I am cursed with a homozygous dose of the eat-while-you-cook gene. [nerd alert]

By the way - have you entered our giveaway yet?  It's easy- just follow & comment!

xx S
SHARE THIS POST

8 comments:

  1. bruscHetta! yeah!
    ciao from italy!
    http://guendastoptoptips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummm I love it with red onion and LOTS of balsamic. mmmm

    I've heard it varies between the dialects in Italy.. some people say 'k' and some 'sh'! Strange, I've always wondered which way was more accepted - now I know!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm my fav snack.. primo cucina make a fortune from me purchasing this

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy yummy yummy!

    munchmecat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahahahaa, I'm half Italian and it always bothers me that most cafes/restaurants pronounce (and even spell) bruschetta incorrectly. I once ordered it (pronouncing it correctly) and was 'corrected', "it's brush-etta". Thanks for the Italian lesson!

    ReplyDelete

We take time to read each and every comment - thanks for visiting Le.Fanciulle!

Le.Fanciulle. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.