23.8.12

Restyle: Hoarding Silk



Scary double Steph

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you probably already know that I. Love. Silk.  As in, I buy things from op shops that are silk even if I don't like the item.  It is problematic, trust me.

DIY Details
HOWEVER, sometimes madness pays off.  I bought a plain knee-length black silk shift dress that had a huuge rip in the bottom section & decided to turn it into a colour blocked shift by adding a strip of coloured silk (inspired by this & this & many more).  Et voila! My silk hoarding paid off, because I had a ginormous silk violet top  just waiting to be sacrificed for the project.

These ankle cuffs are just a wide leather belt cut into 2 pieces, with a few studs to secure each.  Kind of Céline-inspired & seen before here.

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg
Photos by Sab

Dress - St Vincent de Paul ($8)
Belt for ankle cuffs - Good Sammys ($2)



I think next time I wear this dress I'll try a belt... it looks quite potato-sack-ish without.


xx S
SHARE THIS POST

1 comment:

  1. HARDLY sackish, very chic! Sighhhh I have TRIED to stop myself buying things from op shops that 'might come in handy one day' but it's a difficult habit to break. You guys have definitely inspired me to do some alterations to the enormous pile of stuff that can't currently be worn though!

    ReplyDelete

We take time to read each and every comment - thanks for visiting Le.Fanciulle!

Le.Fanciulle. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.